The current funding cycle is closed. Our next funding cycle will open April 3, 2017. Please visit our website again at this time to complete an application for funding assistance.
To apply for a grant:
- Contact a mobility dealer certified by the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) to assess your vehicle modification needs and to obtain a quote for the equipment recommended. You can locate a NMEDA dealer by visiting their website here: NMEDA.com
- If you are planning to purchase a vehicle, please do not make this purchase before consulting with a NMEDA dealer as not all vehicles can be modified. They will provide guidance on compatible vehicles.
- Grant funding is only available toward the cost of the vehicle modification. We are unable to provide funding assistance for the actual vehicle.
- Once you have secured 75% of the funds needed to complete your purchase, you may fill out the application found at the link below after carefully reviewing the program rules and FAQ page.
- If you are still in need of more than 25% of the total cost required to make your purchase, please wait until a future funding cycle to apply when you have achieved this goal. Our program is designed for those who have secured the majority of the funds needed and require final assistance to bridge the gap in achieving their goal.
- Fill out the application and attach your NMEDA mobility dealer quote with proof of income documents for all members of the household (view the FAQ tab for information on accepted documents).
- Upon receipt of your application, you will receive a confirmation via e-mail within 2 weeks of submission.
- You will be contacted via e-mail or phone if any additional information is required.
- Applicants will be notified of the determination by e-mail on May 15, 2017.
- Purchases may not be completed prior to this date
- If you have any questions after submitting your application, please communicate via e-mail. Due to the high volume of calls received, we cannot guarantee a response to phone messages.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Due to the number of applications received, The National Organization for Vehicle Accessibility is unable to accommodate every request. We respectfully ask that you only submit an application if you have thoroughly reviewed the application rules and meet the criteria for submission.
We know that sometimes the application process can be confusing. To make this process easier, we have created a “Frequently Asked Questions” (FAQ) page. Please carefully read all application rules and the FAQ page before applying: http://novafunding.wpengine.com/application-rules/
After reviewing the application rules, you can complete the application here during an open funding cycle.
Note: Please do not wait until the last day of the funding cycle to submit your grant application and any required documentation. The online system will automatically close at the stated deadline date and time. Technical difficulties will not be accepted as an explanation for late submissions.