To apply for a grant:
- Contact a mobility dealer certified by the National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA) to assess your vehicle modification needs and to obtain a personalized quote for the equipment recommended. You can locate a NMEDA dealer by visiting their website here: NMEDA.com
- If you are planning to purchase a vehicle, please do not make this purchase before consulting with a NMEDA dealer as not all vehicles can be modified. They will provide guidance on compatible vehicles.
- Grant funding is only available toward the cost of the vehicle modification. We are unable to provide funding assistance for the actual vehicle.
- Once you have secured close to 75% of the funds needed to complete your purchase, you may fill out the application found at the link below after carefully reviewing the program rules and FAQ page.
- If you are still in need of more than 25% of the total cost required to make your purchase, please wait until a future funding cycle to apply when you have achieved this goal. Our program is designed for those who have secured the majority of the funds needed and require final assistance to bridge the gap in achieving their goal.
- Fill out the application and attach your NMEDA mobility dealer quote with proof of income documents for all members of the household (view the FAQ tab for information on accepted documents).
- Applicants will be notified of the determination by e-mail no later than 30 days from the close of the funding cycle.
- Purchases may not be completed prior to this date.
- If you have any questions after submitting your application, please communicate via e-mail. Due to the high volume of calls received, we cannot guarantee a response to phone messages.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Due to the number of applications received, The National Organization for Vehicle Accessibility is unable to accommodate every request. We respectfully ask that you only submit an application if you have thoroughly reviewed the application rules and meet the criteria for submission.
We know that sometimes the application process can be confusing. To make this process easier, we have created a “Frequently Asked Questions” (FAQ) page. Please carefully read all application rules and the FAQ page before applying.
NOVA reserves the right to decline any application and/or ask for any additional information regarding the application.
After reviewing the application rules, you can complete the application here by clicking on the button below (only during an open funding cycle).
Note: Please do not wait until the last day of the funding cycle to submit your grant application and any required documentation. Technical difficulties will not be accepted as an explanation, and grant application submissions will only be accepted/processed for the funding cycle in which they were actually submitted based on Eastern Standard time zone.